Tour of Bavaria & Oktoberfest Munich
Day 1 Arrival and transfer
Your flight arrives at Munich. We will greet you at the airport and transfer you to the famous mountain resort, Garmisch.
Here your accommodations are in a typical Bavarian Mountain Resort – the Sonnenbichl Hotel, situated in walking distance of the center of Garmisch.
Balance of the day at leisure, dinner and overnight at the Sonnenbichl Hotel.
Day 2 Alpine Tour & Country Dinner
A morning orientation walking tour of Garmisch is followed by a bus ride to the mountain train station. Here we take a train ride and gondola tour up Germanys highest mountain – the Zugspitze. You can enjoy the dramatic view of peaks and glaciers while having lunch in the peak restaurant. We return to the hotel in late afternoon to relax before leaving for a Bavarian Country Dinner. In the cozy Bavarian Restaurant “ Werdenfelser Hof” you are treated to Bavarian food, beer and Bavarian music. You can even sing along with the locals. The highlight of the evening will be watching two young boys perform the Schuhplattler Dance
just for you.
Overnight at the Sonnenbichl Hotel Garmisch.
Day 3 Oktoberfest & Hofbräuhaus
A short one-hour coach ride brings us to Munich today, where you enjoy a number of highlights such as:
- A three-hour city tour of Munich, partly on foot and partly by coach
- Bratwurst lunch on the famous Viktualienmarkt
- Visit of Oktoberfest – reserved seats in one of the tents.
- Transfer to the Hofbräuhaus – the original one in downtown Munich
- Visit of the Schuhplattler & Folklore Show at the Hofbräuhaus Festival Hall
- Bavarian Buffet Dinner during the Folklore Show
Late transfer back to Garmisch, overnight at the Sonnenbichl Hotel.
Day 4 Tour of Linderhof Castle & Oberammergau
Today we take you on a tour through the beautiful rolling hills of the Bavarian countryside to show you three remarkable places:
- Famous Benedictine Monastry of Ettal
- Ludwig II favourite castle Linderhof in the scenic Grasswang Valley
- The romantic passion play village Oberammergau, a great place to shop for woodcarvings & beer steins.
- Dinner at a local restaurant
Day 5 Countryside
Today we will spend all day in the mountains. First, we go on a tour with horse-drawn carriages to Partnachklamm Station, where gondolas will take us to the famous mountain gorge Partnachklamm. We go hiking in the gorge – a unique experience. For lunch we arrive at an “Almhuette” – a typical Bavarian farm and restaurant high up on an “Alm”.
While sitting on a terrace and admiring the alpine view, we enjoy a Bavarian “Brotzeit” – homemade bread, cheese and cold cuts. Two Bavarian yodelers join us and teach us how to yodle. After a short hike back to the station, gondolas take us back down into the valley to Garmisch. The balance of the day is at leisure. For dinner you may pick one of the many little Bavarian inns. Overnight at the Sonnenbichl Hotel Garmisch.
Day 6 The Fairy Tale Castle
Today we take you to the highlight of all of Bavaria– Ludwig II’s fairy tale castle Neuschwanstein. A four-wheel army jeep brings us up on top of a cliff to the famous bridge “Marienbrücke” from where you can take photos of the castle. Then after a ten minute hike you will enter Ludwig II’s fantasy world with an inside visit of the fairy tale castle.
In the afternoon we return to Garmisch to prepare for our big final night. You have a Bavarian night out together with the members of a local Schuhplattler Club. During a Bavarian Dinner the club members will perform especially for you. Your dancers are invited to join a competition. Have fun the Bavarian way.
Overnight at the Sonnenbichl Hotel Garmisch.
Day 7 Departure
Have breakfast together with your new Bavarian friends who then wave you good-bye to you. Transfer to Munich airport.
- Meet & greet at Munich airport upon arrival
- Airport transfers Munich airport – garmisch – Munich airport
- Private deluxe motor coach with air conditioning and extra leg room
- 6 nights accommodation in Garmisch at the 4 **** Hotel Sonnenbichl (or similar)
- Double rooms with private bath or shower, hotel taxes, service charges
- Baggage handling
- 5 dinners
- 2 lunches
- Visit of Oktoberfest in Munich with reserved seats in one of the tents
- Visit of the Folklore Show/Dinner at the Hofbräuhaus Beer Hall
- Mountain train and gondola tour to/from Zugspitze Mountain
- City tour of Munich with local guide
- Inside visit of monastery Ettal
- Inside Visit of Castle Linderhof
- Jeep tour uphill to Neuschwanstein Castle
- Inside Visit of Neuschwanstein Castle (Fairy Tale Castle)
- Visit of passion play village Oberammergau
- Tour to Partnachklamm gorge in horse drawn carriages and gondola
- Bavarian Farewell Night with local Schuhplattler Dance Club
- Parking fees
- Road toll
- Local taxes
- Information package with brochures and maps
Tour prices and departure dates on request: